Tuesday, August 16, 2011

What I'm working on now & thinking a few steps ahead.

Setting up the websites and blogs is keeping me busy on the net, but I am having a hard time pulling myself away from some of the current projects I am working on away from the computer!  Things I am currently working on take me all over the place when it comes to variety.  I must have nearly 10 things or so going on at the moment.  What I am most excited about is probably the new artwork for the girl’s bedrooms.  I know I want to use watercolors in at least one piece but I am also thinking about breaking out the pastels, it has been a while since I worked with them.  I love the medium but they are such a mess for me and my warm darks are broken to pieces anyways, so maybe I will just stick with watercolors…perhaps some ink and pencil as well.  I have some pretty solid sketches I will probably go ahead with for Alexis and Zoe (owls of course) but I am not sure what direction to head in with making something for Kylie.  Her room is still being painted but we are expecting her any day now!  Too much to do!

Another thing I am currently experimenting with is making some natural lip balms.  I have been working on this for some time now and what I ultimately aspire to do is make a product that is natural and healthy but still with a sweet kick of color.  I suppose it is about time I put my background in biology to some use.   I think I am close to settling on 2-3 shades to start up with.  I have been making lots of samples and giving them to some friends to test out for me.  I have gotten a lot of positive and productive feedback from my testers.  I love the idea of making fresh and healthy beauty products!


Check out the scarf I am working on at the moment!  I'm working with a vintage 1960's material, it once was a blouse.  It is a very delicate fabric and is nearly weightless but it still well made and has been taken care of.  I love the floral print!  I have been sewing entirely by hand to create a bit of a bubble effect around my stitches.  I can hardly wait for it to be finished!


Also here are some of my latest vintage fabric finds...Surely a scarf or two will emerge from this bunch :)


No comments:

Post a Comment